Trauma Scar Removal Treatments in Wisconsin
Revive Your Skin & Unlock Confidence
Dr. Steffes of DCP specializes in providing advanced laser therapies designed to address trauma scars caused by injuries. He understands the physical and emotional impact trauma scars can have and is committed to helping you achieve smoother, less visible scars. Using state-of-the-art laser technology, Dr. Steffes offers patients personalized treatment plans tailored to reduce scar appearance, improve texture and enhance overall skin quality based on your goals. Request a consultation on available trauma scar removal treatments to get started.
What are Trauma Scars?
Trauma scars result from physical injuries caused by car accidents, injuries, lacerations, or other traumatic events. These scars can vary in size, shape, and appearance depending on the nature and severity of the trauma. Trauma scars have different characteristics, including raised or depressed texture, discoloration, or irregularity. Treatment options, including laser therapies, reduce the visibility and improve the overall appearance of trauma scars.
Types of Trauma Scars
|Raised, thickened scars extending beyond the wound
|Chest, shoulders, earlobes, jaw
|Raised, red scars within the boundaries of the wound
|Upper back, chest, arms, legs
|Tight, thickened scars restricting movement
|Joints, burn areas, limbs
|Depressed or sunken scars
|Face, acne scars, surgical scars
|Linear scars resulting from skin stretching
|Abdomen, hips, breasts, thighs
|Scars with lighter pigmentation than the surrounding skin
|Anywhere on the body
|Scars with darker pigmentation than the surrounding skin
|Anywhere on the body
How Do I Get Rid of Trauma Scars?
Laser resurfacing is a common technique used for trauma scar removal. Fractional laser technology is employed to deliver precise laser energy to the scar tissue. This stimulates collagen production and promotes skin remodeling, improving scar appearance over time.
Multiple laser treatment sessions are typically required to achieve optimal results. The number of sessions depends on the severity and type of trauma scars, as well as individual factors. Treatments are typically scheduled several weeks apart to allow for proper healing and collagen regeneration.
Benefits of Laser Therapy for Trauma Scars
- Scar Reduction: Laser therapy is highly effective in reducing the visibility of trauma scars. The targeted laser energy breaks down scar tissue, stimulates collagen production, and promotes skin remodeling, resulting in smoother, less noticeable scars.
- Non-Invasive: Laser therapy is a non-invasive treatment option for trauma scars. It doesn’t involve surgical incisions, which means minimal risk, less downtime, and reduced chances of complications compared to surgical procedures.
- Customized Treatment: Laser therapy is customized to address the specific characteristics of each trauma scar, including scar type, size, color, and texture. The laser parameters are adjusted to target different depths and severity of scars, providing individualized treatment for optimal results.
- Improved Skin Texture and Tone: In addition to scar reduction, laser therapy enhances overall skin texture and tone. It leads to smoother, more youthful-looking skin beyond scar improvement.
- Versatility: Laser therapy is used to treat a variety of trauma scars, including keloid scars, hypertrophic scars, atrophic scars, and more. It can be performed on different areas of the body, allowing for comprehensive scar treatment.
- Minimal Downtime: Laser therapy typically involves minimal downtime, allowing individuals to resume their normal activities soon after the treatment. While some temporary redness or swelling may occur, these side effects are usually mild and transient.
- Safe and Well-Tolerated: Laser therapy for trauma scars is generally safe and well-tolerated. The procedure is performed under the supervision of a trained medical professional, ensuring proper safety protocols and minimizing any discomfort during the treatment
What Should I Expect from Laser Trauma Scar Treatment?
Your journey should start with consulting a qualified medical professional, such as Dr. Steffes of DCP, who specializes in laser scar removal. Dr. Steffes will assess your trauma scars, discuss your concerns and goals, and evaluate your candidacy for laser treatment. Laser scar treatments are typically performed in multiple sessions. The exact number of sessions will depend on the severity and characteristics of your trauma scars.
Trauma Scar Treatment Details
During laser therapy, you may experience sensations like a mild tingling or warmth in the treated area. Some individuals may feel a slight snapping or prickling sensation, similar to the snapping of a rubber band against the skin. However, these sensations are generally well-tolerated and can be minimized with several techniques. We’ll discuss any post-treatment care instructions and schedule follow-up appointments if necessary.
Am I A Good Candidate for Laser Trauma Scar Treatment?
Good candidates for laser trauma scar treatment include individuals who have stable scars or scars that have stabilized/undergone the healing process. No active skin infections or conditions in the area being treated should exist. Candidates should be willing to follow post-treatment care instructions and understand several treatments are sometimes needed for optimal results.
Why Choose Dermatology & Cosmetic Physicians for Trauma Scar Removal?
Dr. Steffes of DCP has extensive experience in laser treatment for trauma scars. He has successfully treated several trauma scars, including contracture scars, hypertrophic scars, keloid scars, and pigmentation changes. He also has the hands-on experience required to accurately assess scars and determine the most suitable laser therapy approach. Each patient is met with the understanding of the emotional and physical impact trauma scars bring on and is treated in a supportive and empathetic environment. When you choose DCP, you’re choosing a state-of-the-art facility equipped with advanced laser technology and a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Dr. Steffes provides trauma scar removal treatments for clients out of West Bend, Fond Du Lac, Waukesha, Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay, Chicago, and beyond.
Trauma Scar Removal FAQs
Accident scars vary in their permanence. In some cases, accident scars fade and become less noticeable over time, particularly with proper scar management and treatments.
Yes, laser treatment is effective in reducing the appearance of accident scars. The laser stimulates collagen production, which helps to remodel the scar tissue and improve its texture and appearance.
While it is difficult to completely remove trauma scars, significant improvements can be achieved through various treatment options. The goal of scar treatment is to minimize the visibility of the scar, improve its texture, and blend it with the surrounding skin.